Friday, August 6, 2010

Swappin'...

After two weekends at home, I am excited at the thought of going to the ranch this weekend! I feel like I have been away for much too long. I hope today slides by quickly so I can get on the road and head west sooner!

If you look close enough, you will see our little ranch pets...the deer come up everytime they hear our truck - because they know we have their favorite - Alfalfa! Bill and I call it "deer dope". :)
That is Babe' and in the distance is Buddy.




NEXT...



Ok, so I joined a block swap group at http://quiltblockswap.blogspot.com/  and have been assigned my first partner - HI VICKY from Florida!  I have to admit, I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to swapping so if any of you out there have any tips for me, I would love to hear them! I think it is so cool to have the chance to have blocks made and sent to you from all over the planet...especially when I see how talented a lot of those ladies are in the swap.

Here is the block I hope to add to...  yayayayay!





NEXT...





Every girl needs a new ironing board cover at one time or the other...and since I didn't want to stop what I was doing to run to Wallyworld, I decided to dig around and see if I could find some material that would work...and as it turns out...this is actually pretty cheerful! 
I just took the old one off, pinned it to my fabric, and cut it out...I did not have enough of the floral material to cut the entire length, so I added a bit of yellow to the end (under the iron).
The entire thing took less than an hour to do...and I saved a little time, a LOT of money (Can you go to Wal-Mart and come out with ONE thing??!) and a little gasoline.  YAY to ME!


And finally...





If you know the story of Little Cotton, you will know that she travels everywhere with me...I rarely leave her at home unless it is a quick jaunt to the store...

But she wanted to send all of you her wishes for a great weekend and a little picture of the view she will have at the ranch...




We both hope all of you enjoy the view from where you are this weekend...and remember how much you are loved by your Creator!

1 John 4:10
(New Living Translation)



10 This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...