Monday, August 16, 2010

Anyone wanna dance?

There is no such thing as gratitude unexpressed.
If it is unexpressed, it is plain, old-fashioned ingratitude.
-Robert Brault
Quote from "Such a Sew and Sew"...and it was appropriate for today's post... 


This weekend was very busy for us, I was home with my friend Joyce, who is courageously battling Breast Cancer - and winning I might add...   :) While my sweet husband and my other best friend, Patty and her hubs were at our ranch in the Hill Country...putting in that gorgeous floor I posted here...
We know that the sheetrock is supposed to go on the walls first, but, as the "help factor" would have it, Butch and Patty G. could only come last weekend, so we gladly said YES!

Thank YOU BOTH my wonderful friends... Remember, "Me Casa, YOU Casa" 
 (I know, but that's how Texans say and spell it...hahahaha)
I don't want to leave out my youngest son...
MR. SUPER COOL RYAN the FIREFIGHTER-
You did a GREAT JOB SON!
THANK YOU!

And, then,
For my man...  Bill, I love you so much.
You have built this house inch by inch, nail by nail and piece by piece. 
I don't have words to say how I feel about all you have done for me. This is way too beautiful!

They sent me pics and texts all weekend to keep me up to date and I couldn't have been more thrilled! Here's the results! I haven't seen it in person yet, but I can't wait!


This is unfinished Brazilian Tiger Wood
This is the living room space
This is the view from the living room into the kitchen

While my sweet friend rested this weekend and the house was quiet, I did get some sewing done...I will post those tonight or tomorrow...and of course, you guessed it...they were gifts for my sweet friends that slaved in the hot "desert temps of 104" this past weekend on behalf of our floor... Patty and Butch!
Have a good Monday everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...