Friday, March 28, 2014

Road 15...


This was a really fast quilt for me...
It only took 3 evenings after work from start to finish!
(about 3-4 hrs each night)

One of my favorite fabric designers is Sweetwater...
and a few months ago, I was given this wonderful line called
Road 15 by my fellow bloggie friend, Susan. I had the wonderful chance to meet here.


I remember when they were planning this cute little line...
they asked all of us out here in blog land to send in our addresses to be included in the fabric...


I added a few strips of  Hoffman Bali Pops Tiramisu Batiks, which is another one of 
my favorite fabric designers...and finished it off with some 
Robert Kaufman Kona Charcoal for the binding.



I decided to experiment a bit here too and quilt each block a little different...
it's my first time to try it...I usually chicken out not wanting to ruin any fabric!
Am I the only one that has that fear??? 
I also decided to open my stitch up just a bit...and I have to say, 
I did like that better...it looked more like quilting stitches.

Please forgive the photo from my phone....ugh...

It's not perfect, but now I can say I have tried it...and hopefully it will get better!!!
It did crinkle nicely after I washed it, and that makes it feel nice and soft...


Best thing is that I have another finish for 2014!!!

Happy weekend everyone!



5 comments:

  1. I like it with the batiks intermingled with it. Very cool. Yay for a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. I like how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it to pieces because it's gorgeous malorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful! Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lana I love that Sweetwater fabric too - and I love how you used it. I think you did a great job of quilting it. I'm not great at machine quilting but I love quilting rather than sending them out....that's just a bit too expensive for my pocketbook. And the more I do it the better I get, though it's not ever going to be professional. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...