Friday, January 24, 2014

A Special Meeting...

 
Meet Miss Sue.
She is a sweet lady that I met here on my blog.
Almost every time I have posted..
She has commented. Always kind, always encouraging!
Whenever I see her name, it makes me smile.
This past week, this sweet lady mentioned
to me she was coming to Houston
for business.
I took a chance and asked her to dinner.
She accepted...
and oh...it was so nice to put a face to all those comments.
 

 We had a really good time...even in a very
noisy restaurant...but we talked about all
our favorite quilting blogs, fabrics and fabric designers.
Before we knew it...it was 10 o-clock! Wow!
We even kept talking once we  reached her hotel!
 
Such a lovely lady...just look at her...
 
It is so true...but quilters are some of the nicest people...
 
 
 
Then...yesterday.
I opened my mailbox and saw a package.
I thought it was something else I had been working on
until I opened it.
 
I realized it was Sweetwater's new line called Road 15.
What???
I looked a little closer...
and there was Miss Sue's name.
 
Goodness!!!!
What a wonderful surprise!
 
Thank you Miss Sue...
For this lovely fabric!!!! from my favorite designer...
in my favorite colors!!!!
 
But most of all, thank you for always being such a
bright moment in my comments section...
and for the really FUN time meeting you!!!!
 
Hugs Hugs Hugs!!!
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Lana it was such fun. We certainly could talk both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely surprise. You are so right Lana - quilters are the nicest people and you are my favorite. Love P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always fun to meet up with blogging friends. I've had the opportunity to meet up with a few blogging friends, one from Australia last year at the AQS Quilt show in Lancaster PA...I sure wish we could have had more time...a sweet sweet lady. I also met up with a blogging friend in Salt Lake City when I was visiting in 2011, another fun visit. Yes quilters are the nicest people. Happy stitching, Pauline

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...