Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Hidden Cross Journey...



Over the past few weeks, I have been busy in the studio
working on my largest project to date...all the while,
my sweet friend Patty has been even busier
putting the finishing touches on her daughter
Courtney's upcoming wedding in a few weeks...
(that's why neither of us have been here much...)

My project,  The Hidden Cross Quilt pattern from  A Sewing Basket,
will be my gift to Court and her sweet husband to be...

This was a scary venture for me, I have never attempted a
quilt of this size (78x78) and although I knew I could easily
put the quilt top itself together, I wasn't sure if my little 
home sewing machine could quilt it...
*sigh*

I can not show the quilt finished yet, but I will post my journey 
through it...and we can all watch it come together
one step at a time...

AND





I promise to mix some of the other projects I have finished lately in with it-
so you don't get bored! My poor little studio is a mess but a lot
of lovelies have been created in there lately...
I hope you enjoy them.

xoxox
Lana

p.s.   I haven't had time to write back to all of you that have entered 
my Kate Spain Giveaway...But I have read everyone of them!
And make no bones about it - YOU ARE ALL ENTERED!!!
I love seeing so many new followers - I can't wait to get 
to meet you out here in the blog world!!!
Good Luck!
July 4th is the Deadline to Enter!!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! It's good to try projects that stretch our comfort levels a little. I have no doubt the quilt will be gorgeous! You are a wonderful seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Albert Einstein quote comes to my mind: "If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?"

    So don't worry about your messy studio. You are a woman at work! An active mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing your journey through the quilt you made for your friend. The little teases to what else you have been working on are quite intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...