Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lazy Day cookin...

Fried Rice
(photo by: Marcus Nilsson) / Original recipe by by Victoria Granof




Any of my friends will tell you...they love my fried rice...
I get it from here and just add my own touches...
The best thing is it is a quick, lazy day meal when 
you don't want to spend ages in the kitchen...
If you give it a try, let me know how it turned out!

Happy Wednesday!!!


Makes 4 servings
total time: 10 minutes
 FYI -  The secret to good fried rice is starting cold cooked rice. Cook the rice either at night or in the morning and pop it in the refrigerator until you are ready to put it all together.

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons canola oil 
( I use a little bacon grease- not PC, but I do it...YUM)

2 eggs, beaten
( I only add eggs if we are going to eat it all - I don't like left over eggs)

1 bunch scallions, roughly chopped
( I use two bunches of green onions, roughly chopped)
1 cup leftover pork, chicken, or beef, diced
( I use lean hamburger and chopped bacon cooked in the microwave)

1 cup frozen peas and shredded carrots, thawed (plus any leftover vegetables you have on hand)

4 cups cold cooked white or brown rice

4 tablespoons soy sauce

Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:

1. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil bacon grease over medium-high heat.

2. Add the eggs and scallions. Cook, breaking up the eggs with a spoon until they are lightly browned.

3. Stir in the meat, vegetables, rice, and the remaining oil  bacon grease (about 6 tablespoons)  Increase heat slightly and cook until the rice is crispy, about 5 minutes.

4. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce with 4 tablespoons of water. Pour the mixture over the rice.

5. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid, 3 to 5 minutes.

6. Season with the salt and pepper and serve, with extra soy sauce on the side.

3 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a good fried rice recipe and this sounds delicious. Thanks, Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give this a try. I can't eat eggs (allergic) but I was glad to see you could leave them out. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM..YUM..YUM!!! My first time to have Lana's Fried Rice was when we both lived in Longview/Kilgore. She had invited our family over for dinner and had a great time. Kids love it and now I too make Fried rice quite frequently. I never use eggs and it is always very good. Glad your sharing this recipe with all your bloggers sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...