Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Just plain good stuff...

 
Two years ago, my friend Patty and her sweet mama...
bought me the vinyl letters that read
Welcome to the Ranch...
This weekend...I finally worked on
getting those letters on an appropriate board...
I have to say, that was a really fun project!
Just a little unused board, a little left over paint
and a sheet of sand paper...
Wah - Lah!
 
 
MOOOO-ving on....
This is my little ranch buddy...
Chocolat...
She seriously follows me everywhere.
She was given to me by a fellow rancher last year.
She had a sister too...that I named Fudge.
They jumped the fence in another pasture
and came home only to have two little
calves last Spring.
 
***
SPOILER ALERT
***
get tissues...
I lost little Fudge last summer.
 
I cried and cried...
 
But Chocolat has raised Fudge's little baby just fine...
 
 
But now, my little MooMoos are no longer little...
 
 
 
I think they each weigh in at about 700 lbs each.
WOWZERS!
You can tell them to get out of my back yard if you want to.
NOT ME!
 
 
 
When we go to the ranch, we always end up having to
go by Lowes...My sweet man gets all the non-essential
house building things...pish posh!
Us girls know what is REALLY important!!!!
One of those Magos has a tutorial on how
to make antique WIRE BASKETS!
Yes Patty...you won't share, so I will
make my own!
(*wink*)
 
 
 
Here's some more weekend progress!
all hand sewn...WHEW!
not too shabby...hehehe
 
I am half way done with the top...just 7 more rows to go!
(and I swear the bag is just magically
refilling as I try to empty it!)
 
 
 
And...last but NO WHERE CLOSE TO BEING LEAST...
I got these lovely goodies in the mail from
 
Those fabrics are from line called
"I like you"  by Windham Fabrics...
 
those others goodies are just some wonderful
little surprises Madam Samm slipped in my
package for fun...
AGAIN.
 
WOWZERS!
 
I hope your week is off to a good start...
sew...what do you see being made
from that lovely fabric???
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Love the sign and always love to hear about the ranch. Meows the little ones- bunnies and grand kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserved it for that bunny you made for the blog hop. So cute. Hope things are going well on the ranch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry about Fudge but glad you have Chocolate and Fudge's calf who is now so big!! I love love love your sign - you did such a GREAT job. Love what Madame Samm sent to you - you really deserve it. Loved the bunny and now you can make another one. Love you loads
    P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all the goodies from Madam Samm. Now I would have a heart attack if I found those cows in my yard. I am deathly afraid of any and alll large animals.I know people tell me those large animals can be affectioanate and sweet . But the size gets to me... I don't even like big dogs.. We have a miniture Dachshund. Love the quilt you are working on. And I do enjoy your pictures . See I really do like cows in pictures I actually adore them..

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...