Sunday, January 29, 2012

For grandbaby #2....

This is what my Sunday sewing has looked like...


A quilt for my soon-to-be next Grandson due in March...
Little Riggins...

My daughter saw a doll quilt 
and fell in love with it from
and I did too!
I didn't have the book, just the photo, so
I am trying my best to match it...

Photo from Sew Take A Hike website
 
She picked all the fabrics:

~~ Lotta Jansdotter's "Echo"
~~ Kate Ward Thacker's line for JoAnn's Fabrics
~~ DS Quilts Collection




And the rest are fabrics all chosen from 
fat quarters at JoAnn's Fabrics.



I am using a 60 degree diamond template from 
Darlene Zimmerman - We found at JoAnn's Fabrics as well.




 Forgive the terrible photos...
I only had my camera phone 
with me today...



Isn't it something, when you are making a 
quilt for anyone, but especially for a new grand baby...
you find yourself dreaming of how their life will be...
or praying for them with each little hum 
of the sewing machine...

It's been a very good day.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and what fun it is to dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. You did a great job figuring out how to deconstruct the design. I like the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic quilt design ... I'm impressed you guys could work out a way to make this yourself, simply from looking at a pattern and finding a template! That's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrible photos? Are you mad girlfriend. Those photos are great and I just love the quilts you've shown. You are one v. talented lady.
    Love you Loads
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the contemporary look. What lucky grandchildren you have!!!

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...