Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Stroll in Salado, TX.

 

This past weekend was our annual pilgrimage to our favorite holiday venture...Salado, TX.
I started going about four years ago with my friend Patty and her family...they have been going to Salado every year since before she was born I think...and it's a place for them to gather and spend the time as a family, look for goodies for Christmas and enjoy a now famous Saturday night at the Stagecoach Inn...
The specialty there is a MARVELOUS dessert called a Strawberry Kiss...
Oh my...and it is just that ....strawberry and a kiss to your tastebuds!


Here are some of the stores I visited...and among them, my favorite FABRIC store called



I hope you enjoy the little goodies I am sharing...
The Christmas Stroll in Salado, TX is every year for two weekends now...

The first and second weekends of December. 
You will find gifts that you have never seen before,
an atmosphere of Christmas, 
Victorian street carolers, Santa Claus,
beautiful live Nativity scenes at all the churches...
and my favorite -- the smell of Kettle Corn!!!  


The place is darling...that is all I can say...
and now, with my hubby going every year, 
it's a great family tradition for us as well...
and a wonderful time of fellowship with our friends.


Ok, well, without further ado...
come walk the rest of the trail of Salado with me for a few moments...













oh, and UPDATE!!!
I said a very quiet prayer today for help, 
and my best friend came to my rescue...
Thank you Jesus for hearing me today...
and for all the help! 
I am actually going to get to sew tonight! 
and we all say, AMEN! GLORY!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I know about Salado now! I will have to check it out.
    We're going to enjoy the Christmas lights along the River Walk in San Antonio this weekend when my son comes to visit, but that might be something else we could work in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how we shopped together and some of the things you took pics of I DIDN'T SEE!!!
    We had a good time too and are so glad you both get to enjoy our favorite holiday tradition with us! I love you girlie!!

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...