Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Something old...something new...

It's funny what you find when you aren't looking...
This is a quilt top I started nearly 20 years ago...
back when (*shudder*) you had to hand cut out all your shapes...
I did sew them together with a sewing machine...and felt like I was cheating the whole time...
back then, I thought it really wasn't a quilt if your sewing was on a machine!

I think I will finish it this year for the back of my couch...
Seemed appropriate for fall...



Then I started this...



It also reminded me a little of Fall...and although I am not sure how this will end up,
I am excited to try some new stitching on it...

Next time, I will show you all the quilting I have been doing...
I have some finishes to show off!!!

3 comments:

  1. what a great find! i can't imagine doing quilting without a rotary cutter! and love the new work - you have got quite a few things on the go!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that rotary cutters have certainly made our life easier. I felt better when I found out that women started quilting with their sewing machines as soon as they were available for home use, although it wasn't the norm.
    I can just see the "old" quilt top tea dyed. (I've been into overdying scraps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always amazes me how colors cycle back into popularity - just like the colors of your quilt top from 20 years ago. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...