Monday, October 11, 2010

Sew...Sunday...

Could have been a lonely day...

My sweet man Bill was gone working all last week,
 was home for a day,
and was heading out again
 for another week of work...

We are THRILLED
his business is just Booming it seems...

and thankful...

*****SO*****

After the Ladies Tea on Saturday...
I was in the mood to create.
I figured I would make up the little
door hanging that I wanted to do for the front door...



but one thing led to another,
and before I knew it...
I had a GOAL...
I would redecorate the ENTIRE house
before Bill returned home...

Oh, then it was ON!

The
Kitchen 
was the first room
I decided to tackle...


I won this little beauty from Handmade by Heidi...
LOVE IT...Thank you girl!


A little something to brighten up the dark forbidden area
we ALL have on top of our refrigerators...
Truthfully...

I was a little traumatized by the whole experience...
Let's just leave it at that.

I have been just waiting
to hang this little baby...

That lamp is one of a set...
from my mama.
A little sprucing up...
and it's still beautiful.
(ok, mom. you were RIGHT. It is a timeless piece.)

Then I added a little more...
under the little lamp...
WAIT!!!
Did you see that on the LAMP?
That FABRIC
is part of the
 Beach House
collection
like what
I just had in my last
GIVE-A-WAY...

and now...in case you haven't noticed...
It is very dark outside.
That tends to happen when it's MIDNIGHT.

I had some cleaning to do...
it took a little while.
What can I say?

Oh, but wow...
who knew there was so much
real estate
in
MY KITCHEN???
I finally went to bed around 1 a.m.
I was tired.
I was extremely sore
and
I had to be up at 4:30 a.m.
to get ready for work...
but
I was extremely
 HAPPY.

I am really looking forward to my next room...

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. wow! that is some serious redecoration! glad you enjoyed it - rest up before you tackle the rest of the house!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your decorations are wonderful. The little stained glass window is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana, how wonderful to tour your kitchen--it's the perfect place for baking cookies with little hands and happy hearts and sharing a "cuppa" with a good friend

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...